Congratulations on a great start to second grade! As we get to know each other and settle into our classroom routines, please keep a few things in mind:
· Parent Night will be hosted the evening of Thursday, August 29th. At this time, parents and caregivers will have a chance to join me in the classroom and hear a little more about the year ahead.
· The first few days of school should be exciting and exhilarating. But, they can also be frightening, challenging, and exhausting for many students. If your child is having any trouble adjusting to the new school year, please contact me so that I can help resolve the situation.
· Second graders need many supplies. Please check your child’s homework folder to ensure that your child has all their materials organized. If you need any help gathering supplies, please do not hesitate to ask, the Westgate Community is here to help!
· Your child has no homework this first week of school; but you do! Please follow this link: http://goo.gl/I1q5ND to share a few of your insights with me.
· Students will have an opportunity to eat snack each day. If you choose to send a snack, please make sure it is healthy, non-perishable, and mess-free. Also, we will be enjoying an IceePop treat this Friday. Please contact me if you have any concerns.
· You can always contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to a great year,